Sourdough Baking - Level 3
It will be ideal that you've taken our Sourdough Baking Level 1 Class already or you have basic knowledge of sourdough baking.
Room A, 21F Yiuga Factory Building, No.62 Victoria Road, Kennedy Town, Hong Kong Island
What is sourdough bread?
Sourdough bread making traces back to the ancient art of artisan bread making that uses 3 basic ingredients - flour + water + salt and then time for fermentation. All other additive/unnatural ingredients that commercially produced bread include are eliminated.
Sourdough bread is healthy, gentle to the digestive system, and delicious; and the crumb-like texture gives a satisfying feeling in your palette. In this hands-on class, we will show you how to make our popular recipe, Organic Buckwheat Cinnamon Roll Bread with Cashew Butter Icing. You will take home a recipe, your first hand crafted vegan sourdough cinnamon roll (with white sugar free icing!) and an extra dough to practice your bake at home too.
*This will be a hands-on class. You will be kneading, shaping and proofing the sourdough and bake - Please bring your apron!
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- How to blend different fours for your sourdough bake
- How to make a vegan and white sugar free cinnamon roll.
- How to refresh and feed your sourdough starter
- Understands how sourdough behaves at each stage of bread making so you know how to manage the fermentation and baking process
WHAT WILL YOU TAKE HOME?
- A baked vegan cinnamon roll!
- A jar of Organic Sourdough Starter
- The techniques of replacing traditional ingredients with vegan options
- A dough to practice to bake at home
What to bring?
- 1x apron
- 1x pen
JOIN WITH YOUR HELPER?Let us know if you'd like to bring your helper to learn with you. Its only +HK$100 to bring your helper. Please inform us once you confirmed your booking. for us to arrange.
We will confirm your seat(s) once all fees are received. Deadline for any cancellation request is 7 days prior to the start time of the class. All fees will become non-refundable after the deadline. Cancellation requests should be made in writing at least 7 days prior to the class for any refund to be made back to your account.
DETAILSLength of Class: 2.5 hours